Monday, December 1, 2008

Word of the Week

"ETHEROMANIAC"
What! I understand the maniac part. I live with one.
"Okay bear (hmm or is it bare) with me. One of me favorite sites lately is World Wide Word. It has such an array of words-"
ETHEROMANIAC?
"Right it's basically a person addicted to ether. They typically would use it like alcohol but with a few differences. For example, etheromaniacs would get drunk quicker and sober up in a few minutes with no hangover. One big detraction was 'violent belching of flammable gas'."
That's the only down side? Beagle has that problem every time I feed him chocolate. Besides altering your mental status? Isn't that the tag line for DARE?
"Huh? No that's Drug Abuse Resistance Education. Stop feeding the neighbors dog chocolate, at least near our place. This was really popular in the late 1800's when people used natural gas for lighting. Imagine your burp causing you or the people next to you on fire!"
Hmm, find me some ether and a lighter and then STAND right there!


**** Please don't try this at home... Or your neighbors... Or at work... ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any more mutants out there...ants or otherwise?