Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ants in Nausicaä- I Don't Think So

Thanks, human for letting me watch one of your favorite animes.  There was one major problem I had with the movie though.  Can you guess?
"Hmm, does it have something to do with the title of this post?"

Oh sometimes you surprise me with your astuteness- but rarely.

"Nausicaä..."

Well, I loved the whole premise of the the movie. It's based on the manga you know. However, even though there was a myriad of mutant insects and animals I didn't see ANY ants- toxic or otherwise.

"Well, ants are generally small, maybe you just couldn't see them."

Oh please. There's sentry dragonflies, ostrich/camel and fox/squirrel hybrids. And the Ohmm's, well, I have no idea really. But, Human, there's even blue beatles.

"Beetles. Is there a point to this rant Eliza? After all, you did like the movie..."

Yes, I want you to contact Hayao Miyazaki and tell him to add Toxic Ants (most likely a talking one named Eliza Leigh) into his next film. Or manga, I would be happy with that.

"I'm glad you could be content. To bad I have no way or desire to contact one of the best to tell him my talking ant wants to be in his next project. Besides I think the next one that will be released in English is a variation on the Little Mermaid (Ponyo On A Cliff) and unless you can talk under the sea..."

Ha Ha. You just don't think something as small as me could handle being a star.

"Oh yeah, what about A Bug's Life, Antz and The Ant Bully those all had talking ants."

Yes, but the leading role was always a man.

"But they're ANTS! That's it, time for bed I refuse to fight with an insect."

Because you're losing!

"Eliza, you..."
"diva."

1 comment:

  1. Diva!
    I will be when I get my penthouse...
    still waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Any more mutants out there...ants or otherwise?